Here are some of the comments, but not all:
- A higher learning centre in Kincardine can
only be a good thing.
- A Learning Centre is not a Centre of Energy
Excellence as contained in the original agreement.
- Anything to get people off social
assistance or further their education to get better money in
their pockets is perfect in my eyes!
- Great use of a vacant building perhaps if the town council
doesn't like using it for the learning centre they could
save $600 000 and make it the new tourist info building.
- Council needs to move beyond the issues of
how this “deal” has been structured and determine
whether future value can be established for
- A sound Business Plan that stands on its own would be a
good start. That’s where Council needs to focus.
- I can't believe there is even a question. YES YES!! It
will create local jobs for our youth.
- I think this building would be beneficial as a learning
center as it looks professional is wheelchair accessible
- It should be a centre where education is available to
ALL!!!! It should not be for HYDRO workers.
- This area needs access to education basic
skills post secondary education that does not
relate to a *job at hydro*
- Learning is progress....maybe it could grow
into a regional learning centre or a small
college! That would be jobs and increased education.
- no unless there is a financial benefit to the taxpayer
- Not another *after the fact issue* with what the
council thinks.....why does Kincardine have such a
negative attitude when it come to progress!
- ...Sell this one and reduce our taxes and let the
education begin now!!!
- Get the empty building filled and used for something
- perfect location ... enough parking ... easy access to
and from Queen Street.
- Great use for an unused building!
- The building might as well be used as sit empty
after McKechnie Pharmacy leaves to go back to the 'dungeon on the
- There are a lot better places to host
learning opportunities such as the library and the
Davidson Centre addition. Sell the old Westario
Power building and use the money for the
- This is a great location. A Learning Center
would be positive addition to Kincardine.
- We have to provide education and skills for the
unfortunate who have not attained the necessary learning and
skills needed today and in the future.
- WE NEED TO OPEN UP NEW VENUES. WE WILL STAGNATE IF NOTHING
NEW IS STARTED. TAKE THE CHANCE FOR HEAVEN SAKES. LOOK TO THE FUTURE
AS OF NOW!
- With tax increases well above the inflation
rate for at least the last 2 years the building should be sold
- Yes. What a great opportunity for
*Please note we remove duplicate votes from the same